Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Research paper!!

Journal Article:
Caze, M. L. (2005). Love, that indispensable supplement: Irigaray and kant on love and respect. Hypatia, 20(3), 92-114. Retrieved from http://www.jstor.org.ezproxy.library.wisc.edu/stable/pdfplus/3811116.pdf?acceptTC=true
This article talks about love and the ways in which, people can view love as being essential to life or being a mere supplement (Caze, 2005). I think this will be really useful in my research paper because I am thinking about writing a paper about the different ways in which, we view love and the ways in which, we define it. This is a topic that really interests me because I feel as though it is difficult to know why we are continuously looking for something to love. Without love I feel like there would be no motivation to do many things. This topic seems like one that I could most likely write a lot on especially with the help from this article and my human sexuality class.

Book:
Hyde, J. S., & Delamater, J. D. (2010). Understanding human sexuality. (11 ed.). Boston,MA: McGraw-Hill.
This book is the book from my human sexuality course. This book has a chapter that is all about love and one topic that I find really interesting in being able to help me write my research paper is love stories. One perspective which, the book refers to is how love can simply be seen on a sociopsychological perspective where the only reason we look for love and a mate is simply so that we can produce viable offspring who can do the same, this goes with Darwin's "survival of the fittest" theory (Hyde & Delamater, 2010).

No comments:

Post a Comment